All users are required to certify that they have read, understand, and agree to this policy before using any Forever Services. An overview of this policy is provided in green. This overview is not legally binding. All users agree to the full policy terms below.
1. Data That We Collect And Process
We collect and process certain data and information you provide to us when using FOREVER Services, such as when you create an Account and profile, send us an email, upload information or other content to FOREVER Services (like photos, videos, documents,, or audio files as well as all meta-data associated with this content), add additional written information like captions, tags, or stories, print content through one or more of our print partners, or link your FOREVER Account to other client accounts within FOREVER or to other social media services. When you are using FOREVER Services, we also collect and process information that you provide to us or that we research at your direction about your relationships with friends and family members. We use this information to deliver FOREVER Services to you and to improve or customize your experience. We collect information in the following ways:
In order to sign-up for an Account, we require that you provide us with your name and email address, and then confirm whether you are under or over the age of 13 years. If you are under 13 years, we require that you provide a parent or legal guardian's name, and email address or contact phone number, to obtain parental consent for use of FOREVER Services. We may collect certain personal information when you establish your Account profile or use FOREVER Services, such as your name, picture, email address and phone number, as well as other non-identifying information, like your gender, birthday and zip code. In addition, if you choose to connect your contacts, social network Accounts and address book information to FOREVER Services, we will collect the contact information (name and email address) of your family and friends and your login credentials to those social network Accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. If you have a FOREVER Account and you choose to designate one or more Account Manager(s), we collect the information indicated above for the people that you designate as your Account Managers. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years of age, and you wish to allow that child to use FOREVER Services, we will ask you to provide your consent prior to doing so.
We also collect and process all the data and information you upload or import when using FOREVER Services, including photos, videos, documents, audio files, metadata, additional written information (including tags, descriptions, stories, etc.), the names and mailing addresses of people to whom you intend to mail cards, and any other data and information you upload or import to your Account.
If enabled, we collect information about your location via your mobile device GPS.
We automatically collect and process certain information from you browser, device, or mobile platform, including from Account Owners under 13 years of age, such as location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device type and identifier (hardware model), MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, browser type and mobile network information (including phone number). We also collect information automatically in our server logs when you (including Account Owners under 13 years) use Forever Services or view information on our site, including the address of a referring site, search queries, information from service calls or emails, incidents of technical errors, session length, content accessed, and other elements of activity on FOREVER Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use FOREVER Services through your Account and device settings.
We also obtain, upload, and process information that we find about you and and your family members (alive and deceased) when you engage us to perform FOREVER Family Research Services.
We may receive and store information about you (including Account Owners who are under 13 years of age) from marketing surveys or third parties, including information providers or social media services that associate information about you with your Account or activity at FOREVER.
2. Purposes For Which We Collect & Process Your Data
The privacy of our FOREVER Account Owners is important to FOREVER, and we do not rent or sell your information, sell third-party advertising against your content, sell third-party advertising in general or disclose your data and information to third parties (except as discussed in Sections 3 and 4 below). Parents of Account Owners under 13 years have the right to consent to our collection and use of information collected from their child without having to also consent to us sharing such information with third parties. We do not sell any Account Owner’s personal information, including information of Account Owners under 13 years old.
- To enable you to save, organize, and share your photos, videos, documents, audio files, metadata and written descriptions as you determine.
- To provide FOREVER Services or information you request, and to process and complete your transactions.
- To respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide client service.
- To monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve your experiences when you use FOREVER Services, such as providing content, search results or features that match your profile or interests, and to improve the functionality and user friendliness of FOREVER Services.
- To let you know about FOREVER features or offers that are relevant to your profile, interests, or experiences at FOREVER.
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, support communications and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, FOREVER Services.
- To allow you to add your location to your saved data and posts if you so choose.
- To find and connect with your family and friends, at your request.
- To let your family and friends connect with you, or learn about your activity or content on FOREVER Services, if you choose to share that content or activity.
3. Data We Share With Third Parties
We do not and will never sell your or any Account Owner’s personal data or information to third parties, including the information of Account Owners under 13 years old. We will not share the data and information we have collected and/or processed from you except as described below:
- With people that you have designated for sharing information according to the preferences set in your FOREVER® Account, such as your friends and family, or the public if you designate public sharing for specific data and information. (Note: once you have shared your data and information publicly, it becomes public information.)
- With certain social networking services as necessary to link to your preferred social media services and contacts if you allow such sharing through FOREVER Services
- With service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of FOREVER Services, provided these service providers are under legal agreement to use the information solely to perform services on our behalf and not to disclose the information or use it for any other purposes. These service providers include firms that provide printing services, credit card processing, file upload and image editing, cloud storage, IT infrastructure management, web traffic analysis, enterprise resource planning (ERP), email, and customer relationship management software services.
- Internally within FOREVER with employees or contractors (who are FOREVER Ambassadors) to provide information, services, and/or support to you.
- We may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service or our other policies or agreements.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
4. Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data Records from your personal information or data by excluding information (e.g., your name or likeness) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your personal information. Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we can enhance our services. FOREVER reserves the right to create Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion. Anonymous data can never include your photos, videos, documents, audio files, or associated metadata and written information.
5. Links to Other Sites
6. Security of Your Data & Information
We take strong measures to protect your data and personal information to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When you upload or enter information to your FOREVER Account using FOREVER Services, we encrypt the transmission of all information that is provided using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. We also work to strengthen our security measures over time. Please be aware, however, that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission or storage can prevent all interception or other types of misuse.
You may opt out of marketing emails, but you cannot opt out of emails related to the operation of your Account as these are highly important for the successful delivery of our Services.
7. Accessing, Modifying, and Deleting Your Data
You own the data and information in your FOREVER Account. You can access, modify, or delete this data and information, or delete your entire Account at any time using FOREVER Services. You can also access and modify the personal information you provide to us that is associated with your Account by logging in, selecting 'Settings,' and then 'Profile,' and changing the information under your profile. If you have any difficulty with accessing, modifying, or deleting your data, personal information, or your entire Account, you can contact FOREVER Client Care by callling 1-888-FOREVER or by emailing email@example.com.
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your Account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, however, you will still receive emails from us about the operation of your Account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the FOREVER Services and the successful operation of your Account. You cannot opt out from receiving these emails.
Parents of Account Owners under 13 years have the right to review the data and personal information collected from their child, have that information deleted, and refuse further collection, processing, and use of such information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-888-FOREVER, or by mail at Privacy Officer, Forever, Inc., One PPG Place, Suite 2050, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
If you delete data and personal information and/or your entire FOREVER Account, after an appropriate "just in case" restore period, we will ensure that all the personal information and data you have instructed us to delete is removed and erased completely from our systems and the FOREVER Services, except that we will retain and use data and information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce legal agreemets.
8. Global Storage and Access
9. Acquisition Or Change Of Ownership Control
If any changes will affect how your data or personal info is collected or processed, or are material in any way, we will notify you.
If we make material changes to how we use personal information collected from children under 13 years of age, we will notify parents by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the child’s personal information.
11. General Inquiries and Concerns
To submit a general inquiry or concern, please contact us at email@example.com, by phone at (1-888-FOREVER, or by mail at Privacy Officer, Forever, Inc., One PPG Place, Suite 2050, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
12. Users from Outside the United States of America