All users are required to certify that they have read, understand, and agree to this policy before using any Forever Services. An overview of this policy is provided in green. This overview is not legally binding. All users agree to the full policy terms below.
1. Information That We Collect
We collect certain information you provide to us when using Forever Services, such as when you create an Account and profile, send us an email, post information or other content to Forever Services, print content through one or more of our print partners, or link your Forever Account to other social media services. We use this information to deliver Forever Services to you and to improve or customize your experience. We collect information in the following ways:
In order to sign-up for an Account, we require that you provide us with your name and email address, and then confirm whether you are under or over the age of 13 years. If you are under 13 years, we require that you provide a parent’s name, and email address or contact phone number, to obtain parental consent for use of Forever Services. We may collect certain personal information when you establish your Account profile or use Forever Services, such as your name, picture, email address and phone number, as well as other non-identifying information, like your gender, birthday and zip code. In addition, if you choose to connect your contacts, social network Accounts and address book information to Forever Services, we will collect the contact information (name and email address) of your family and friends and your login credentials to those social network Accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter. If you have a Forever™ Account, we collect the information indicated above for the people that you designate as your Account Managers. If you wish to allow a child under the age of 13 years to use Forever Services, we will ask you to provide your consent prior to doing so.
If enabled, we collect information about your location via your mobile device GPS.
We automatically collect certain information from an Account Owner's browser, device or mobile platform, including from Account Owners under 13 years, such as location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device type and identifier (hardware model), MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, browser type and mobile network information (including phone number). We also collect information automatically in our server logs when an Account Owner (including an Account Owner under 13 years) uses Forever Services or views information on our site, including the address of a referring site, search queries, information from service calls or emails, incidence of technical errors, session length, content accessed, and other elements of activity on Forever Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use Forever Services through your Account and device settings.
We may receive and store information about our Account Owners who are over 13 years from marketing surveys or third parties, including information providers or social media services that associate information about you with your Account or activity at FOREVER.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
The privacy of our Forever Account Owners is important to FOREVER, and we do not rent or sell your information, sell third-party advertising against your content, sell third-party advertising in general or disclose your information to third parties (except as discussed in Sections 3 and 4 below). Parents of Account Owners under 13 years have the right to consent to FOREVER’s collection and use of information collected from their child without having to also consent to us sharing such information with third parties. We do not sell any Account Owner’s personal information, including information of Account Owners under 13 years old.
- to provide Forever Services or information you request, and to process and complete your transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve your experiences when you use Forever Services, such as providing content, search results or features that match your profile or interests, and to improve the functionality and user friendliness of Forever Services;
- to let you know about FOREVER features or offers that are relevant to your profile, interests, or experiences at FOREVER;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, Forever Services;
- to allow you to add your location to your posts if you so choose;
- to find and connect with your family and friends, at your request;
- to let your family and friends connect with you, or learn about your activity or content on Forever Services, if you choose to share that content or activity;
3. Information We Share With Third Parties
We do not sell an Account Owner’s personal information to third parties, including the information of Account Owners under 13 years old. We will not share the personal information we have collected from Account Owners, except as described below:
- with people that you have designated for sharing information according to the preferences set in your Forever™ Account, such as your friends and family;
- with certain social networking services as necessary to link to your preferred social media services and contacts, if you allow such sharing through Forever Services;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of Forever Services, provided these service providers are under legal agreement to use the information solely to perform services on our behalf and not to disclose the information or use it for any other purposes. These service providers include firms that provide printing services, credit card processing, file upload and image editing, IT infrastructure management, web traffic analysis, enterprise resource planning (ERP), email and customer relationship management software services;
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or our other policies or agreements
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
4. Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data Records from personal information by excluding information (e.g., your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your personal information. Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we can enhance our services. FOREVER reserves the right to create Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
5. Links to Other Sites
6. Security of Your Information
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When you enter information on our site or using Forever Services, we encrypt the transmission of all information that is provided using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. Please be aware, however, that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
You may opt out of marketing emails, but you cannot opt out of emails related to your Account as these are highly important for the operation and delivery of our services.
7. Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an Account, you can access and modify the personal information you provide us that is associated with your Account by logging in, selecting ‘Settings’ and then ‘Profile’ and changing the information under your profile. You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your Account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, however, you will still receive emails from us about your Account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your Account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
Parents of Account Owners under 13 years have the right to review the personal information collected from their child, have that information deleted, and refuse further collection and use of such information by contacting us at email@example.com, by phone at (412) 904-6330, or by mail at Privacy Officer, Forever, Inc., One PPG Place, 20th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
We will retain your or your child’s information for as long as your or your child’s Accounts are active or as needed to provide services. If you wish to cancel the Account or request that we no longer use the information to provide services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (412) 904-6330, or by mail at Privacy Officer, Forever, Inc., One PPG Place, 20th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Global Storage and Access
If the change will affect how your personal info is collected or transferred we'll notify you.
If we make material changes to how we use personal information collected from children under 13 years, we will notify parents by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the child’s personal information.
11. General Inquiries and Concerns
To submit a general inquiry or concern, please contact us at email@example.com, by phone at (412) 904-6330, or by mail at Privacy Officer, Forever, Inc., One PPG Place, 20th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
12. Users from Outside the United States