Video Tidbit: Photo Border
In this video, you will learn a very simple way to use your own photos to create a decorative border. Photos of flowers, greenery, architectural details, food and decorative objects can easily be transformed into personalized digital art.
Objective: To create a border embellishment using photos.
Ingredients: select 2 photos and 2 square masks.
Add 2 photo frames to the page.
- Insert > Empty Frame.
Insert one photo in each of the frames.
- Adjust photos to fit the square frame to your liking.
Select 2 square masks from your content library.
- Add each mask to the page and move them to the work area.
Apply a mask effect to a photo.
- Select one of the square masks > Right Click > Copy.
- Select the first photo > Right Click > Effect > Edit > Add an effect > Insert mask layer > Paste.
- Pop-up menu > Click OK > Click OK again.
- Repeat these same steps for the second photo.
Duplicate and rotate the photos.
- Select the first photo > Right Click > Copy > Right Click > Paste.
- With photo still selected > Arrange Ribbon > Rotate > Rotate 90° Clockwise.
- With the current photo still selected, repeat steps a and b.
- You now have 3 copies of the same photo.
- Select the second photo and repeat steps a, b and c.
Move all the photo squares to form a horizontal line.
- Space each square to your liking.
- Finalize the alignment using the Align tools: select all the square photos.
- Select Arrange > Align > Select "Align selected elements to top edge of last selected element".
- Select the Quick Acces Tool Bar (QAT) > Select 7th button (evenly spaced horizontally).
- With elements still all selected > Group.
Save a copy of the grouped elements in case you decide to make changes later on. Hide or move the copy to the work area.
Select the remaining grouped elements > Flatten.
- Lock Aspect Ratio > Right Click > Aspect Ratio > Lock aspect ratio.
- Resize the border to fit your page.
Your border is ready to be used on your page.
- Experiment with other photos and different masks!
- The possibilities are endless and the results will always be unique!